1) This bridge had come off at some point and had been reattached with the wrong glue and bad clamping
2) Both the bridge and top of the guitar were cleaned of old glue, sanded and re-shaped for a perfect fit, then re-attached with hide glue and solid clamping
3) Back in action with a new saddle and new strings
1) Before: this Martin guitar had a bad crack along the top
2) After: Crack was repaired structurally and cosmetically and is nearly invisible
Come by for a free instrument assessment and get a free bumper sticker for your jalopy!
1) Refretting a maple neck can be challenging due to lacquer finishing
2) I used teflon dams to fill some chip from the fret removal process
3) Finished job: the fingerboard-board was planed to make it completely straight. It was then refinished with lacquer and I was able to retain the original wear/stain marks to keep it looking authentic
1) Gibson ES-125T had been sitting in a hot attic for decades and needed a neck reset. Someone had previously sawed off the fingerboard extension, so I had to proceed with caution when heating the neck off with steam
2) Neck angle was corrected and re-glued with hide glue.
3) The fingerboard extension had to be glued separately. I managed to level and blend it with the rest of the board and then get away with a partial refret.
4) Finished product. Came out pretty darn good despite all the obstacles I had to work around.
Using powerful rare earth magnets to clamp a crack repair in the back of this guitar
Gibson V had some deep pitting in the frets. After being leveled, crowned, and polished it played amazing again.
1) Most old Stella/ Harmony/ Kay / Regal have flat fretboards that are not comfortable to play. I start by removing the thin frets, plane and re-radius the fingerboard
2) Then stain and add new inlays, then new meatier fret wire
3) This finished product with lower action, a permanent rosewood bridge and bone saddle
1) Pickup and electronics upgrade
2) This Strat copy got a complete pickup and electronics upgrade including Seymour Duncan Everything Axe humbuckers, CTS pots, Switchcraft jack and CRL switch
Truss rod rescue: this truss rod seized up and broke off at the nut. I was able to route around it and re-thread the rod
1) Preparing body for a new bridge
2) Rosewood bridge cut to proper size and pin holes drilled to correct spacing
3) Bridge is shaped with belt sander
Setup and neck angle adjustment on this banjo uke
Reaming peghead for tuner upgrades
Replaced the bridge plate on this Yamaha 12 string. The bridge plate provides structural support for the body of the guitar as well as support for the ball ends of the strings
Setting the intonation with the Peterson strobe tuner
Properly intonated bone saddle using the Peterson strobe tuner with a vintage DeArmond pickup